Sep 23, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth...

As a child, my parents would take my brothers and I to Disneyland at least once a year (and we lived about nine hours away, and we drove each year). So by the time I was in college, and moved three hours closer, I got a season pass, and made the drive 8 times, Frank even had me put that I will have self control about Disney stuff in my wedding vows. I must have done pretty good at keeping up the vows, because it has been five years and one month from the last time I walked through those gates.

I love almost everything about Disneyland, and even though I had an awesome time in Disney World, it just isn't the same as the original Disneyland. This is were Walt walked, and even though it is smaller that Disney World, this is where my heart is, and I would hands down choose to come here in a heart beat.

As you go through the gates, you come into the Mickey garden. It is a great way to be welcomed into the park, and a great reminder of so many different memories that I had as a kid growing up.
One of the first rides we came up on was Dumbo. Frankie and Reyna came with me, as we flew in the flying elephant.

And Gran and Marianna went in one of their own.

Next it was onto the Merry-Go-Round Princess Marianna looks like a rock star.

Reyna LOVED this ride. She smiled the whole time.

Frankie had fun too.

Princess Marianna meeting her twin.

Princess Marianna and Princess Reyna with Princess Cinderella.

The three kids with Mickey....

Reyna wasn't about to leave without a big kiss from the big mouse.

NAP TIME!!
Isn't this the best picture ever, I love it.

Marianna driving the cars at Autotopia, and yes she let go over the steering wheel more than once. (how many more years until she gets behind the wheel of a real car? I think we need to add that to the prayer list)

This storm trooper scared the stuff out of our Princess Marianna. He came over pointed his gun at her, and then kinda did a little flinch. She jumped so high, and then the trooper, pointed and laughed...yes, bad guy, you got my little princess, now go pick on someone your own size.

Frankie tried, but he didn't pull the sword out of the stone. Oh well, I guess he isn't going to be the next king...he is still the Prince of our house.

We went on the Riverboat.

My stair step children.

No, this isn't a double stroller, it is just holding two children. Frankie did a great job walking all day, but at the end of the day he just couldn't take it anymore.

Reyna, fell asleep before she got out of the park, and stayed asleep when we put her in the car seat, and stayed asleep being carried into the hotel room. The sign of a good day.

No comments: