Jan 5, 2009

Not Me Monday...

Ah, the first Monday of the new year, and we have of course had a busy week. Chopped full of "Not Me"s. Hope you enjoy, and if you feel like reading a few more check out the blog were Mommy got this idea. Enjoy reading.
-
Reyna (10 months)--I did not keep Mommy and Daddy up all night demanding that I touch Mommy or else I would scream at the top of my lungs, while we were staying the night in a hotel. I did not lay across the bed instead of laying with the bed, so that my head was on Mommy's back and my feet were in Daddy's face. I would never do such a thing, I love both of my parents and know that they need all the sleep that they can get.
** I also did not decide that I was a big girl and start to stroll down the couch. I am 10 months old, and when Mommy tells me I am her baby, I always listen to her, and would never dream of getting up and getting those cookies that Frankie has at the other end of the couch.
-
Marianna (2 years)--Hmmm. This week I did not wake up in the middle of the night calling out to Mommy that I was thirsty. And I did not ask her for my juice when I was done with my first cup. And when she said no, I did not lay back in bed. And, when Mommy got back upstairs in her own room, and got nice and comfortable, she did not hear me yelling "Daddy" at the top of my lungs.
**This week my Daddy did not hear me laughing and giggling from the bathroom, and when he did not check on me, he did not find me with my hands covered in pink sparkly bubble bath/body wash that Aunt Kellie got me for Christmas, and he did not find a three inch puddle of the soap on the sink, and he did not find the sink bowl overflowing with bubbles. I don't know what the big deal is...I just wanted to help Mommy clean the sink.
Frankie (3 years)--When my family was in a Cabellas, I did not see a man who was missing his legs, and I did not ask him, very loudly, what happened to his legs, and when he didn't answer my question I did not ask him again, and again, until Mommy was able to turn down the aisle, and when she said that he had some sort of accident and lost his legs, and used a wheelchair to get around. I did not, again very loudly, say...I don't want to hear it from you, I want to hear it from him.
**When two stray cats showed up on our back step, I did not decide that we needed to name them, and I did not name one of them "Girl", and as she was eating, I did not give the command "Yo Girl, Roll Over." I know she is a stray cat, and cats don't do tricks like dogs do. I would not even try such a thing.
-
What week, and it is only the first one in 2009. What will the rest bring us?

3 comments:

Elyse said...

LOVE your Not Mes! Happy Monday!!!
~Elyse~

Anonymous said...

What a unique angle of doing the "Not Me Monday"!!! I'm liking it! :)

Also, loved the comment you left on my blog...never even thought to call the tissues stuffed up my nostrils "snot dams". Hmm...are you thinking what I'm thinking? We may have an idea for a new invention on our hands!! I'll secure the patent, you work on marketing, k? :D Have a great 2009!!!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Great List!!!